Monday, January 03, 2011

Real Food Resolutions

It's that time of year where almost everyone makes a new year's resolution, and I am no different.  I just wrote a post this morning about meditation and cleaning, two paths that I am endeavoring to take this year on 2011.

In the meantime, I have noticed that one of my favorite bloggers, Kimi over at The Nourishing Gourmet, is hosting a Nourishing Resolutions 2011 carnival today.  So here I am, making my real food resolution list.

Real Food Resolutions:

  1. For vitamin K2: Make liver once a week, or serve natto. (Either way we will be having hard cheese and Kerrygold butter almost daily.)
  2. For B vitamins: Make a Coconut Smoothie with nutritional yeast added to it at least once a week.  
  3. For maintenance: Keep going and maintaining my current nourishing practices by making water kefir, making beet kvass, sprouting wheat for flour, soaking grains, soaking and dehydrating nuts, taking daily cod liver oil and butter oil, daily vitamin C and B complex, maca root, oregano oil, iodine from kelp, and a multivitamin.
  4. Participate: Join in a real food carnival once a month.
  5. Continue with my weight loss goal: Operation Lose Baby Weight.  (Based on Eat Fat, Lose Fat.)

3 comments:

WordVixen said...

Is there a good Real Food reason for the nutritional yeast? I grew up having NY on my popcorn, which I have at least once a week (along with lots of melted Kerrygold or local raw butter), and I know that it's a good source of b vitamins- but is there a good reason for supplementing with it as well?

k said...

It's just that I am always deficient in B vitamins when I have bloodwork done. And I have a lot of symptoms of tiredness and lethargy that are explained by B vitamin deficiency. So I take a daily raw capsule and am trying to eat more vitamin B-rich foods.

k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.