Saturday, February 02, 2008

Gone with the Wind

I'm in love with this book. It's a huge monster book, but I am just plowing through it like it's nothing. Booyah! This definitely goes in the "can't put it down" category, FYI.

Also, I love www.goodreads.com! As I joined in the fun I promptly found lots of friends and book recommendations. I thank M and N for this nudge to join, finally.

I also just finished reading The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler. I would read it if I were you. After I was done with Tourist, I reread Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and the 3 books following it. It was at this point that I decided to embark on my Gone with the Wind journey. Now, as my mood for reading has obviously shifted to the "large, imposing-type books" category, and I feel quite confident in my amount of stamina, I think I'll tackle Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Who's with me?!! I really need a book club...

4 comments:

Nicole said...

You do need to join a book club! I hate finishing books that I can't talk to someone about, especially if there are things worth talking about!! Gone with Wind is fabulous. A few years ago I read Scarlet, the supposed sequel (different author, I think) and I loved it too! Not quite the classic that Gone with the Wind is, but still great!

Janie said...

Hey Kendall--long time no read.
I read Atlas Shrugged and loved it. It took me about ten months I read it my whole pregnancy with Estee. When I get in a mood to read giantic books again I will try Gone with the wind. Enders game is great too.
Janie

HW said...

It's been years since I've read Atlas Shrugged. Maybe I'll join you. Gone with the Wind is best read in the South, I think. At least you're in the Southwest. :)

Dani said...

I'm all for a book club and would jump right in if I were there. Well I will when we move there!