Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Watching Food, Inc.

You can watch Food, Inc. on Netflix for free. I just (finally! sorry Brian/Uncle Bones!) finished watching it on my DVR after recording it on PBS last week. Perhaps it will be on again? Go check, I highly recommend it.

I am really loving the rallying force this movie has been. It is shedding light on what a lot of us intrinsically know. The anger is even good, because you can harness it into personal changes that grow into local changes.

I especially love that Michael Pollan (from Food, Inc.) said on Oprah a few weeks back something to the effect of "we can make a political decision three times a day, for each meal and what we decide to spend our money on".

2 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVED this! I watched this on netflix a few weeks ago, and have been thinking about it ever since. I'm glad that you're spreading the word about this movie. I think every one needs to see it. I feel that if everyone can just decide to make ONE change about what/how we eat, it could make a big impact.

Alisa said...

This movie had a big impact on me. I want everyone to see it.