Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloween!

VIRTUAL AND ACTUAL PUMPKIN CARVING
My good friend Jordan, in California, emailed me this and I think y'all should try it :) We are carving our own pumpkins this weekend with The Boy. I think he's really going to dig the whole put-your-hands-inside-a-pumpkin-and-squish-the-innards thing. He does it to green beans every day, so why not a big ol' pumpkin?

TOUR OF HALLOWEEN
Later this afternoon M and I will begin our Tour of Halloween. He is dressing up as a lion (which he will also wear trick-or-treating later in the Tour) and is trekking to the Briarwood Mall here in Ann Arbor with me to hit up a bunch of local stores for candy. Also it's an excuse for me to turn Halloween into a Halloweekend, instead of a day :) then tomorrow, after Stake Conference in the morning, and after the nap, we're going to Wiard's cider mill to pick apples and go to the petting zoo, etc. On Monday I don't think there's anything going on, but on Tuesday (!) we will go trick-o-treating, again, in the very cute lion costume (hooray for Target!) on the actual Halloween. Also, I have purchased a witch hat and broom and am planning on wearing my black-and-orange striped toe socks while doing said activites with my tiny man dressed as a lion. I'm hoping I can convince him roar a lot in the next few days.

HALLOWEEN VIEWING
I have requested a copy of the film "The Witches" from the Ann Arbor library, and it should be here by tomorrow so that R and I can watch it. I think it's still too scary for M, although based off the children's book of the same name by Roald Dahl. Also, I have tried to get a copy of "Wait Until Dark" with Audrey Hepburn, another good scary/Halloweenish movie. And if I had not already seen it a few times, I would be getting my hands on a copy of "The Ring", which is the best scary movie I think I've seen. So if you're reading this, go rent The Ring and scare yourself silly. You'll thank yourself.

1 comment:

Melissa Huff said...

I just typed a very friendly and nice comment and blogger ATE IT! Rude.

Anyway, here's the gist: I bet Miles was a cute lion, although I'd like some documentation of that fact. Wait Until Dark scared the living daylights out of me, similar to Watcher in the Woods. I am a scary movie wimp. In fact, now I'm going to be scared of the mirror for the next few days.

I am an embarrassing person.