Sunday, December 10, 2006

good reads

i'm a big slacker, not writing in my trusty blog for a few weeks now. however, i'm making amends by writing a little something while M sleeps his way through church. i'm probably the least supportive wifey ever, since R is there right now giving a talk and i'm here at home in my pj's! but The Boy must have his rest, and he didn't want to have that rest until 2 hours later than usual. hence, no church.

so i'm reading this book about the Kennedy White House, and it's proved interesting. i was never much of a rememberer of facts, so anything i may have actually learned in the California school system while growing up is fairly fuzzy at best. not to mention that i've never been much of a studious student. and it's been one of my latest goals to remedy my lack of knowledge in all things political. to be honest, i think my interest in this started with the most recent presidential election. it was the first time i actually remember caring about the outcome of an election. and ever since then i've wanted to be more well versed in politics.

now, to fill in the holes of my past learning, i am seeking out texts about interesting political figures, past and present. the first book i've read on my new kick is this one, and i think it was a good place ot start. easy to read, yet pertinent to what i'm trying to achieve. next on the list: Johnson, and then Nixon, i think. i may as well go in order from where i've started :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendahl, glad you are such a vericous reader! I'll have to check some of those out. My current recommendation is "City of Falling Angels" which is very good. Loved your Christmas card and picture. Very enjoyable. My sister is excited for you to move back so she can have another friend. Maybe I'll even see you once you're there for good! Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Kendahl, glad you are such a vericous reader! I'll have to check some of those out. My current recommendation is "City of Falling Angels" which is very good. Loved your Christmas card and picture. Very enjoyable. My sister is excited for you to move back so she can have another friend. Maybe I'll even see you once you're there for good! Happy Christmas!