I really like the comprehensive lists that I have found. They aren't all inclusive and I still have a lot of unanswered questions (mostly about specific toys), but they help. I was happy to find that that sippy cups we already use are relatively safe. They are the Playtex insulator brand. And the "Take n' Toss" utensils, bowls, cups, and straws that we have are also at least BPA-free. Please take the time to find replacements if you are using a hazardous product currently.
- BPA-free lists: sippy cups, bottles, milk/liquid/powder storage, baby food/storage, breast pumps
- BPA-free lists: teethers, pacifiers
- products to buy that already are screened for no BPA, PVC, and pthalates
- generally helpful websites: The Soft Landing, Safe Mama, Z Recommends (especially this post), EWG,
- survey of common children's brands, and their toxicity
- quick rundown of ingredients to avoid (in personal care products)
- list of "Top 5" products and their rating: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, liquid soap, toothpaste, sunscreen, baby wipes, lotion/moisturizer, diaper cream, baby powder, play makeup