Here's what I DON'T have a problem with:
- The Church taking a moral stance.
- Mormons, who have given this ample thought, voting yes on Prop 102.
- People in general feeling differently from me. It's fine.
- The Church taking a political stance: especially after saying they officially do not take a stance.
- Mormons voting yes on Prop 102, for the sole reason that the Church told them so.
- Being told in church that "they aren't telling us how to vote, but go vote yes on Prop 102." Contradictory? Out of line? In this Mormon Democrat blogger's opinion, yes.
- Hearing fear tactics that are misleading. See this (fear tactics) but only if you then see this (a legal breakdown of the tactics).
- Mormons taking a suggestion from the First Presidency and making it into Doctrine, capital "D". Again, in this Mormon Democrat blogger's opinion, it's not doctrine. Fortunately I was also at least told in today's (appalling) lesson at least, that we should ultimately vote on our conscience. I will.