Monday, January 19, 2009

Staying Alive

Do not worry, I am not dead. If you have tried calling and/or texting and/or emailing and/or sending me a present, and still have not heard back from me it is because I am sleeping. All the time. I basically walk from my bed in the baby's room to the kitchen to the breast pump and then back to bed. I watch various funny shows on Comedy Central in order to keep up morale in the middle of the night. Things are looking up though. On the weekends M plays with R a lot and I can sleep more and catch up for the upcoming week. I have even made it outside for a couple of walks with E. And to the grocery store at night, by myself, with loud music all the way! The small things matter right now.

Poor M, so bored in the house all day. :( However, I have nice friends who have taken him to play or to the zoo. Plus he has preschool, so he is not totally taken prisoner. M seems to really like E, which is great. He pats him on the head and asks "why does E have to drink milk?" and "why is he hungry again?" and "why does he have to have surgery?", etc. M has lots of why questions for most things most waking hours these days. The mind of a 3-year-old: entertaining.

E is doing well, eating more, sleeping well, etc. This Wednesday we will see if he has gained a few ounces. Last week he had only gone up 2 ounces from the week prior. Hopefully this week will show more of a change. I really need to take some pictures and send them out to all you friends.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

It's hard to believe that at the end of pregnancy we are so miserable that we are doing things to get to the most indescribable pain and then live for weeks in a zombie like state, but...we do.

Yea for not being pregnant anymore and good luck with everything else!

Hubers said...

I'm glad to get an update from you. I've been thinking about you for a while.
Looking forward to pictures.

Carrie Merino said...

I'm glad that you are still alive. You sound like you are doing great. I wish I could visit with you! I miss you guys.

Live Out Loud said...

Aaron and I really like little M. He is adorable. We had a lot of fun at the zoo with him. Hopefully we can find a time soon to go back...maybe you can come too???