Last Thursday I thought I was going to have to eat my words about not having E for a while. I was having...symptoms, we'll just put it that way. But then, nothing. Fakeout number one. So then Sunday night comes along and I have a bunch of Braxton-Hicks contractions (is that how you spell it?). I started timing them when they started to hurt a little. For 2 hours they were pretty much 3-7 minutes apart. And then they stopped. Fakeout number two.
Since Sunday, I've had sporadic contractions but not enough to time them or anything. Also, I went to the OB this morning and there was pretty much nothing new to report. I'm still at a 2, but she says I'm very soft so it could be any day. Her words were that it now just depends on when my body decides to go into labor. She also said on her way out the door that she was on call Christmas day and maybe she would see me. Does that mean anything?! I don't know.
Hopefully my body decides to go into labor no earlier than Christmas morning around 11am. That way I can at least see little M's face when he sees that Santa brought him "lots of trains and special crayons" just like he has stated so many times :). Not to mention the little bike with training wheels that R purchased last night at Toys r Us three days before Christmas (not recommended).
I'm just torn because E is already pretty big. I think he's going to come out at 8 1/2 pounds, maybe more. Just 2 more days little guy!