Thursday, October 14, 2010

Results After Two Weeks

I'm losing weight!  I have lost 3-5 pounds now, depending on which part of the day I weigh myself.  I'm going to continue on with recipes in the Eat Fat, Lose Fat book, as well as modeling my tried and true dinners and recipes to work within the framework I have started.

For example, last night I had grass-fed ground beef flavored with homemade taco seasoning.  I topped it with shredded raw, grass-fed, mild cheddar, salsa and cubed avocado.  Add one cup of milk, and lacto-fermented carrot sticks and all the bases are covered.

(The only thing I would have liked would have been to make my own lacto-fermented salsa like this recipe over at Nourishing Gourmet.)

I'll post new recipes soon.

4 comments:

sandi said...

Mmmm that dinner sounds perfect! I think i'm getting back on the wagon Monday. Maybe. hehe!

I once read (and it was sooo long ago that i can't remember where i read it) that the optimal time to weigh yourself is after you wake and pee. Wake, pee, weigh. That's my morning routine. That way, you're not weighing the food you've eaten throughout the day.

Jill said...

Good for you! Way to stick with it!

cc said...

I'll have to try this whole coconut oil weight loss thing. I'm desperate to get some baby weight off before Christmas pics. We already do coconut milk in smoothies with Udo's omega oils, but maybe I need to use coconut oil instead. Great recipes!

Corktree

k said...

Corktree, let me know how it goes. I have had REALLY stubborn weight to get off, so for me it's been very frustrating. But this seems to be working. I take my coconut oil melted in a little tea, it's much easier than off the spoon, blech!