2 sticks unsalted grass-fed butter, softened, plus more for baking dish
3 1/3 cups sprouted whole grain flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon (non-aluminum) baking powder
1 teaspoon (non-aluminum) baking soda
2 cups whole cane sugar (or other whole sweetener like palm sugar, coconut sugar, maple sugar, etc.)
4 large pastured eggs
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup warmed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a large 9 X 13 pan, then flour the pan with more sprouted flour and tap out excess. (You could also use two round cake pans, or two square cake pans.) Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda using a whisk. Set aside.
3. Place softened 1 cup of butter in a bowl of a stand mixer. Add sugar and mix on medium until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Add pumpkin puree and milk. Mix in reserved dry ingredients on low. Mix until just combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes. Place cake on cooking rack and let rest 20 minutes.
5. Serve with whipped cream sweetened with a little rapadura or stevia powder (make sure your stevia powder is green; if it's white it is too processed), and a sprinkling of soaked, dehydrated, roasted and chopped hazelnuts.